Nikki Goldman Stroh is a Registered Psychotherapist with over 15 years of counselling experience with children, adolescents and adults. Nikki began her training at Fanshawe College where she completed a diploma in photography. Later she earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology at the University of Western Ontario, and then a post-graduate diploma in Art therapy from the Toronto Art Therapy Institute.
Over the years Nikki has taken additional training in psychology, counselling techniques and play therapy at the George Brown College and the Sick Kids Centre for Community Mental Health (formally Hincks-Delcrest). Nikki is a strong believer in using mindfulness and meditation with her clients. She has specialty training in CBT, counselling skills and both Art and Play Therapy.
In a creative and caring environment, she helps people explore difficult issues and develop skills to stay calm while growing their self-esteem and positive regard. Nikki has assisted people of all ages to work through transitions, anxiety, depression, OCD, selective mutism, divorce, adoption and socialization issues. Being creative is both professionally and personally relevant to Nikki.
- George Brown College – certificate in Advanced Counselling Skills
- Cross Country Education – certificate in Play Therapy and Beyond, Treatment Techniques & Strategies
- SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health – certificate in Working with Children and Families
- SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health – Cognitive Behavioural Certificate
- MBSR, CLG and Mindful Self-Compassion courses completed with Dr. Heidi Walk
- Meditation and Mindfulness
- Art Therapy
- College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario.