Lauren Miller (Psychotherapy Intern)
Lauren is a Psychotherapy Practicum Student with Integra. She is currently completing a master’s in counselling psychology. She has 20 years’ experience working with youth and their families, first as an elementary school teacher and now beyond the classroom.
Lauren works from a collaborative, strengths-based approach; assisting and supporting clients to be the author of their own lives through strategies primarily focused on Cognitive Behavioural (CBT), Solution-Focused (SFBT),and Emotional-Focused (EFT) therapies. She believes that each person has their own story that has shaped their current experiences. Through her work, she strives to foster a safe space where clients can tell their story, gain insight into how that has impacted them, and work together to create strategies to move forward.
Outside of work, Lauren enjoys spending time with her husband and kids, sharing meals with friends, reading, travelling, and being outdoors with her dog.
- Mental Health First Aid for Adults who Interact with Youth – Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Rainbows Canada – Trained Group Leader
- Mindful Schools – Mindfulness Fundamentals for Educators
- Family and Youth
- Health Issues
- Personal Growth
- Grief and Loss
- Workplace Challenges
- Stress & Burnout
- Life Transitions
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (Student Member)
- Ontario College of Teachers