Dr. Kristy Blair
Kristy Blair completed a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology & Health Sciences, concurrent to her Athletic Therapy certification, at York University. Kristy has worked extensively as an Athletic Therapist for a variety of competitive teams and events, including Toronto Argonauts, Rugby Canada, Synchro Canada Junior National Team, Canada’s National Sledge Hockey Team, Muskoka Ironman, Toronto Waterfront Marathon, the 2017 North American Indigenous Games, Varsity Hockey, Swimming and Soccer. She provides comprehensive, on field and clinical coverage, injury prevention and sport-specific rehabilitation techniques.
Kristy practices a patient-centered model, which values multidisciplinary care and focuses on overall patient health. During her studies, she developed a passion for endurance sports and enjoys educating athletes while implementing effective strategies to improve her patient’s performance goals. In addition to comprehensive care, Kristy is committed to athletic injury prevention, finding solutions to help her patients improve their over-all athletic performance.
Kristy is completing the final year of her Doctor of Chiropractic degree and is implementing the knowledge and experience she has gained into her clinical practice. She is also completing a contemporary acupuncture course at McMaster University in the spring of 2021.
Outside of clinical care, Kristy enjoys spending time with her family and friends, competing in Ironman triathlons, mountain biking, paddling, snowboarding and hiking while exploring new trails with her dog Bentley.
Spec. Honors in Kinesiology & Health Science
- Certified Athletic Therapist CAT(C)
- First Responder (Red Cross Canada)
- Smart Tools Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Therapy
- Mental Health First Aid
- High Performance Rehabilitation
- Endurance Sport Performance and Training
- Athletic Injuries
- Emergency First Aid
- Allied Services Life Saving Award (Toronto Paramedics Services, 2013)
- Community Member Award (Toronto Police Services, 2016)
- Allied Services Life Saving Award (Toronto Paramedics Services, 2017)
- Honours Doctor of Chiropractic program
- All World Athlete Status (Ironman)
- Canadian Athletic Therapist Association
- Ontario Athletic Therapist Association
- Sport Scientist Canada Member