Dr. Maithy Tran
Dr. Maithy Tran, MD, FRCPC, is a specialist in both Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Along with working in the office setting, Dr. Tran is also a courtesy staff Internist for the Department of Medicine at Trillium Health Partners, managing complex patients in an acute care hospital.
Dr. Tran earned an Honours Bachelor of Science in Human Biology, graduating with High Distinction from the University of Toronto. She then completed her Doctor of Medicine degree at the University of Western Ontario. She went on to complete Specialty training in Internal Medicine, followed by Subspecialty training in Adult Rheumatology at the University of Toronto.
Dr. Tran recognizes a need in the care and management of patients with chronic pain. In 2017, Dr. Tran obtained her Certificate in Contemporary Medical Acupuncture from McMaster University Continuing Health Sciences Education Program. She has chosen to work at Integra Health Centre, for a chance to work with like-minded multidisciplinary team members.
Currently, Dr. Tran is accepting consults for patients diagnosed with fibromyalgia, who are interested in using neuro-functional acupuncture to help improve chronic symptoms of their disease.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC)
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) Specialist, Internal Medicine
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) Specialist, Adult Rheumatology
- Contemporary Medical Acupuncture
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, vasculitis, scleroderma
- Cortisone injections for arthritis, tendinitis, bursitis, tenosynovitis
- Neuro-functional acupuncture for musculoskeletal pain symptoms
- Canadian Rheumatology Association
- Ontario Rheumatology Association
- American College of Rheumatology
- Canadian Medical Association
- Ontario Medical Association
- Canadian Medical Protective Association