Ana Maria Vera
Ana Maria Vera started her career in the health and wellness field over 10 years ago, finding fulfillment in her work by helping others find happiness through movement. After working as a personal trainer, Ana found herself pursuing Athletic Therapy at Sheridan College, to be able to not only help people get active, but also be able to prevent injuries and rehab them as well. Through this education, she fell in love with learning and studying, and pursued her Masters in Advanced Athletic Training from the University of South Florida, where she specialized in the pediatric population and presented her thesis on Ankle Injury Prevention for Athletes.
Ana further pursued Massage Therapy, where she was able to reinforce some of her manual skills, as well as learned about sports and dynamic cupping and fascial Gua Sha techniques to help her clients through aches and pains.
Most recently Ana embarked in a journey of meditation and yoga, becoming a Registered Yoga Teacher in Bali as well as a Vegan Nutritionist.
Ana has had the pleasure of presenting various webinars and presentations and Canada and Indonesia, including: Nutrition for Anti-Inflammation, Meditation and Yoga for Mental Health, Injury Assessment, Prophylactic Taping, Soft Tissue Release at Home, and more. While learning and teaching, Ana has also been able to work with high level athletes of all sports, including, G-league athletes, NBA, CFL, CBL, League 1, Cheer Canada, Karate Canada, as well as Prep and high school level athletes, helping them with emergency on field care, injury rehabilitation, and sports specific training.
When Ana is not treating/training clients, you can find her at a local vegan restaurant, reading some new material, or trying new yoga classes.
University of South Florida
Ontario College of Health and Tech
- Certified Athletic Therapist CAT(C)
- Registered Massage Therapist RMT
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (CSCS)
- Registered Yoga Teacher RYT-200
- Certified Sports Nutritionist SN-SNS
- Vegan Nutritionist Diploma -SOE
- Functional Movement Systems Certified – FMS-1
- Static and Dynamic Cupping
- WFATT Fascial therapy
- Sports Performance
- Emergency First Response
- Biomechanical Re-Functioning
- Yoga & Stretch Therapy
- Acute and Chronic Sports and Movement Injuries
- Canadian Athletic Therapist Association
- Ontario Athletic Therapist Association
- The College of Massage Therapists of Ontario
- Yoga Alliance