As a Registered Social Worker and Psychotherapist, Aleef provides professional support to individuals, families, health teams, and organizations. For almost 20 years he has worked with individuals at critical points in their lives. Coping with difficult life transitions can be challenging for many reasons. Aleef believes that the change is driven by you.
Through experience, Aleef has provided treatment for severe and chronic mental illnesses, trauma, anxiety, depression, caregiver/family support, and life transitions. He uses Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Solutions-Focused Therapy, Neuropsychology and Suicide Intervention. He fosters a safe space that is trauma-informed and anti-oppressive, recognizing the many layers of unique individual experiences. Aleef aims to make you feel comfortable with your decision to consider therapy and offers a warm, trusting, professional and accessible support.
Your well-being and goal-attainment are Aleef’s first priorities.
Aleef maintains strong therapeutic relationships with all his clients characterized by trust, openness, acceptance and empowerment. He establishes a collaborative and inclusive relationship – connecting you with tools and resources that are most suitable for you. Regardless of complexity, he is there to help navigate and access what you need in a warm, supportive and growth-oriented approach.
Aleef believes in the notion that resiliency and the ability to cope and even thrive, lies within all of us. As life becomes more demanding, we must be able to identify the emotions, behaviours and attitudes that both contribute to our growth or bring about opportunities for change. This requires us to pause and pivot mindfully – moving in a direction that is transformative.
An area Aleef holds closely is fertility treatment. Recognizing the realities that many of us are dealing with, this experience is a physically and emotionally taxing time for all involved. Aleef specializes in supporting individuals, couples, and families through the fertility process, having gone through it himself.
Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work
Faculty of Social Work
Department of Psychology
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Brief-Solutions Focused Therapy
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Diversity and Equity Training
- Communicate with HEART
- Certified Clinical Traumatologist – pending (Traumatology Institute)
- Anxiety and Depression
- Severe and Persistent Mental Illness
- Personality Disorders
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Crisis Intervention
- Suicide Intervention and Awareness
- Family and Caregiver Support and Acceptance
- Professional Development and Life Coaching
- School and Work Stress
- Phi Alpha Honor Society – recognizing academic excellence and achievement in the field of Social Work
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Canadian Association of Social Workers