Alana Bentham completed her Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology at York University. While collaborating with a team of healthcare professionals, she gained a vast amount of experience working as a Kinesiologist and Personal Trainer in rehabilitation and fitness settings. With her continuous passion in health and wellness as well as her strong desire in helping people with their lifestyle goals, she developed a strong interest in massage therapy. Alana attended Sutherland-Chan School of Massage Therapy where she obtained a Diploma in Massage Therapy.
As a registered massage therapist, she has worked with a diverse group of people of all ages and treated a range of conditions including but not limited to, sports related injuries, scar tissue, headaches, low back pain, tmj dysfunctions, postural imbalances, repetitive strain injuries, osteoarthritis and neuropathic pain.
With an extensive knowledge in human anatomy, physiology, therapeutic exercise and manual therapy, Alana offers an integrative approach to her treatments. She uses various modalities including cupping, medical acupuncture, K-taping, myofascial release and trigger point therapy. By prioritizing client education and injury prevention through individualized assessments, treatments, and home care exercises, she ensures optimal and effective results.
As an athlete who herself has endured injuries, Alana is cognizant of how crucial it is to take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy lifestyle.
Kinesiology and Health Science Faculty of Health Toronto, ON
Continuing Health Sciences Education
- Contemporary Medical Acupuncture
- CSEP – Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor
- Kinesio Taking KT1 & KT2
- Functional Movement Systems Level 1
- Static and Dynamic Cupping
- Hot Stone Therapy
- Myofascial Release and Trigger Point Therapy
- Sports-related Injuries
- Acute and Chronic Musculoskeletal Conditions
- TMJ and Intra-Oral Massage
- Neuropathic Pain
- Postural Dysfunctions
- Relaxation and Wellness Massage
- Pre/Post Natal Massage
- College of Massage Therapists of Ontario
- Registered Massage Therapists Association of Ontario
- Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology Association