Best rated clinic
EXTENDED HEALTH PLANS
Acupuncture is a treatment often utilized by chiropractic doctors, physiotherapists, massage therapists and naturopathic doctors to help relieve painful disorders of the body. Acupuncture can also be used in conjunction with other modalities to increase optimal functioning state. It is a highly effective tool in treating back and neck pain, fertility issues etc.
With its roots stemming from Traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture has gained popularity due to its incredible benefits particularly in pain relief. Clinical studies show great success with acupuncture in treating a wide range of issues from weight management to digestive issues, anxiety and much more. Sterile needles are used to stimulate the natural recovery process of our body.
COMMON CONDITIONS TREATED BY OUR ACUPUNCTURISTS
- Chronic pain (arthritis, fibromyalgia, and muscle pain).
- Depression and anxiety – Acupuncture works with the body’s natural systems to improve mood and create relaxation while reducing stress like symptoms at the same time.
- Headaches – Acupuncture can not only decrease the frequency of headaches but the intensity as well.
- Improve Sleep – By regulating the body’s energy or qi, acupuncture eliminates various pathogens which can negatively affect sleep. It stimulates neurotransmitters linked to relaxation and sleep, thereby improving sleep quality and reducing insomnia.
OTHER CONDITIONS THAT CAN BE TREATED BY ACUPUNCTURE PROVIDER
- Anxiety & Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Menstrual Problems
- Muscle & Joint Aches
- Pregnancy Symptoms
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Low Energy Levels
- Musculoskeletal pain conditions
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Acid Reflux/GERD, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
…and many more!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. IS A DOCTOR’S REFERRAL NECESSARY?
A referral to see one of our Acupuncturists is not required, and same day appointments are available. If your insurance provider requires a referral, one of our physicians at Integra Health Centre can help provide this.
2. HOW MANY SESSIONS ARE NEEDED FOR ACUPUNCTURE TO BE EFFECTIVE?
The number of appointments depends on the condition and severity of the injury. Once your condition is stabilized, you won’t need to come in as frequently. Our acupuncturist will formulate a specific treatment plan for you when you come in for your first visit.
3. HOW CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW ACUPUNCTURE WORKS?
Acupuncture can be used with different ailments or injuries. We recommend that you book a 15 minute complimentary phone appointment to speak with our practitioner on what your concerns are.
4. ARE THE NEEDLES PAINFUL?
Acupuncture needle insertion feels like a mosquito bite. It lasts for a fraction of a second and leaves no mark. You will experience a sensation of well-being and relaxation after the needles are in place.
5. WILL THE APPOINTMENT BE COVERED UNDER MY INSURANCE PLAN?
Treatment from our expert Toronto Acupuncture providers are typically covered by your extended health benefits plans. Remember that acupuncture when provided by a chiropractor or physiotherapist is covered within their treatment for billing purposes. Our Registered Acupuncturist is also a Chiropractor and is able to bill for acupuncture as well if you have this benefit allotment. For your convenience, should you require a medical note we can have one of our Integra Doctor’s assist.