Best rated clinic
EXTENDED HEALTH PLANS
- Aneta Dzienniak (RP Qualifying)
- Pawel Biedrzychki
- Aleef Esmail
- Carla Diano (RP Qualifying)
- Elizabeth Igoe (RP Qualifying)
- Lystra Thomas (Psychotherapy Intern)
- Elizabeth Marques (Psychotherapy Intern)
- Christina Van Hoof (Psychotherapy Intern)
- Lauren Miller (Psychotherapy Intern)
Psychotherapy is offered at our clinics in downtown Toronto. We are also providing this service virtually for the ease and comfort of all clients.
Psychotherapy is proven to increase your happiness, improve your motivation and help you to better understand yourself and the world around you. Therapy will help you to manage your stress, reduce your anxiety, and will assist you in setting goals for the future. In working together, a psychotherapist can help you to explore and identify your emotions and patterns of thinking and bring a new perspective to the challenges that you are experiencing. Psychotherapy can also assist you in developing new ways of coping with the difficulties you are facing and develop the tools needed to lead a successful and fulfilled lifestyle.
What to expect from Psychotherapy
Though the decision to begin therapy can be a difficult one, it is also one of the most beneficial decisions that you can make for yourself.
Psychotherapy at Integra Health involves the regular meeting of two individuals—therapist and client—with the joint goal of exploring and understanding the client’s difficulties, questions, emotions, memories, and desires.
There is a broad range of reasons why people choose to enter therapy, but generally it is because something in their life is troubling them.
* Note: During COVID-19, virtual care is being offered to anyone in Ontario
Who would benefit from Psychotherapy?
If you are experiencing issues with any of the following, Psychotherapy may be for you:
- Depression, sadness, loneliness
- Anxiety, panic, fear, shame
- Grief, bereavement and loss
- Self-esteem or self-confidence, shyness
- Feeling stuck or wanting more
- Dating issues
- Anger/aggression/communication problems
- LGBTQ issues
- Managing expectations of family members, friends, self
- Motivation and procrastination
- Life transitions
- Personal development and growth
- Stress management
- Relationship problems, instability, conflict or communication issues
- Work related issues
- Illness or disease diagnoses
- Death or sickness of a family member
- “What if” thinking or feeling overwhelmed
Psychotherapy can only be performed by specially trained therapists who have undergone additional education and training and we have both Registered Psychotherapists as well as Registered Social Workers on our team.
Our clinic is conveniently located in downtown Toronto just steps away from King subway station and Union station. We are at the corners of Bay & King as well as King & York and connected to the Toronto PATH system.
Insurance and Direct Billing
Remember that psychotherapy is covered by most extended health benefit plans. For your convenience, should you require a medical note we can have one of our Integra Doctors assist!
Please contact us for more information and to see if you qualify.
A referral to see one of our Psychotherapists is not required, and same day appointments are available. If your insurance provider requires a referral, one of our physicians at Integra Health Centre can help provide this. Please ensure you inform our receptionists if this is needed before your visit.