A Chiropodist is a foot specialist that mainly focuses on the foot and ankle health, but also experienced with the lower limb such as calves, knees, hips and low back.
A Chiropodist examines and treats the following:
- Lower limb pains, injuries and deformities such as; plantar fasciitis, Achilles’ pain, fractures, ankle, shin, knee, hip and lower back pain
- Custom Made orthotics and bracing
- Treatments of ingrown nails, corns, calluses, warts, nail care, fungal nails, and skin
- Soft tissue surgeries (nail removals for ingrown nails, tendon releases for claw toes, wart needling and excision, and cyst removal)
- Prescription of necessary medications
- Education: Diabetes, footwear, home treatment plans
- Steroid Injections
- Detailed patient history, footwear wear analysis, weight bearing body assessment, biomechanical and gait analysis, appropriate functional tests, and non-weight bearing lower limb joint range of motions
For Orthotic Assessments, please call our office to book an appointment.
For all other Chriopody Appointments, a referral request must be sent to our office. Upon receipt of the request, we will contact you to book an initial appointment.