Marina Louis is a registered clinical Social Worker (MSW, RSW) with Integra Health. She has worked at educational institutions with students, as well as at a family health team with a variety of diverse populations and in private practice. She is certified in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), as well as trained in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) and Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT). She has also completed training in Mindfulness Based and Emotion-Focused Therapy. She takes an integrated approach, combining the best aspects of each of these methods, to create client-centred and tailor-made counselling.
Marina deals with a variety of presenting problems including abuse, trauma, suicidal ideation, depression, anxiety/panic, OCD, emotion regulation, loss, grief, life transitions, self-esteem, and boundary issues. She is also passionate about working with families, especially parents and children.
Laurier’s Lyle S. Hallman Faculty of Social Work
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy Certificate, Wilfrid Laurier University, Kitchner, ON
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy Skills Group Training, Burlington Family Health Team, Burlington, ON
- Mindfulness-Based Therapies Training, Wilfrid Laurier University, Kitchener, ON
- Brief Therapies Training, Wilfrid Laurier University, Kitchener, ON
- Trauma and Abuse
- Teen and Family Therapy
- Couples Counselling
- Grief, Loss, and Life Transitions
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
- Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW)