***Jenifer will be working out of our Exchange Tower location till Nov.26, 2018, after which she will be doing 1 day at each location. Be sure to check her availability online.
Jenifer Tharani has completed a Master’s degree in Human Nutrition from Texas State University, San Marcos TX and training in dietetics from Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA. She is a member of College of Dietitians of Ontario. She is a certified Strong4Life RD who can help you and your children with weight management goals and obesity. Jenifer is working towards becoming a Certified Diabetes Educator as well as a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor to help you make peace with food and create a healthy relationship with eating, mind, and body.
She is multilingual and has worked in different settings which has given her experience treating people of all ages with different conditions. She focuses her practice on weight loss and management, mindful eating and health at every size, women’s health (pre-and post-natal nutrition, gestational diabetes, thyroid conditions), inflammatory conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes and cholesterol management, digestive health (IBS), healthy and active living (individual and family), and sports performance. She also conducts personalized grocery store tours (for clients in GTA) and develops personalized meal plans per client request.
Jenifer believes that eating healthy does not have to be boring, time consuming, or expensive. Eating should be an enjoyable experience – whether your goal is weight loss or managing a health condition. She does not believe in diets, instead in making small sustainable lifestyle changes to help you find a balance in your daily life, including trying to keep your favorite foods in the mix! In her practice, she combines ancient food wisdom with mindful eating techniques to help clients live a healthy, happy, and deprivation-free life. She teaches clients a whole foods and balanced plate approach instead of using fad diets as a shortcut to health & wellness. She says, “Lifestyle is a marathon, not a sprint”
Jenifer’s advice will be tailored to you. She will provide you with one to one sessions, the most up to date nutrition information, and education. She will help coach you through follow up sessions and will help you tackle any challenges that you face along the way. Jenifer’s mantra is “Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime”, so she provides you a Nutrition Care Toolbox and teaches you to use it effectively to help manage your health condition or simply live a healthy and good quality life, whichever your personal health goal may be.
1. Living in San Luis Obispo, California is where her love affair for farmers markets and frozen yogurts began. She enjoys buying local and seasonal produce and experimenting with new recipes.
2. Jenifer’s favorite foods include overnight oats, avocado toast, barley and chicken soup, street tacos, and sushi!
3. She loves to indulge in hot cardamom chai latte with biscotti, golden turmeric milk, and dark chocolate ice cream!
4. In her spare time, she enjoys attending Zumba and yoga classes, exploring new places, and leading nutrition and lifestyle events for South Asian community.
San Marcos, TX
Food Science and Technology
- Strong4Life Pediatric Obesity Certified RD (The Strong4Life RD Program is designed to improve knowledge and skills in the area of pediatric obesity assessment, prevention and management.)
- Weight Management for Adults and Pediatrics
- Health Conditions (Diabetes type 2, Dyslipidemia, Hypertension, Rheumatoid Arthritis, IBS, Celiac disease)
- Women’s Health (Pregnancy and Post-Natal Nutrition, Gestational Diabetes, Thyroid Issues)
- Anti-inflammatory Diet Protocol
- Sports Nutrition
- Vegetarian Diet Know How
- Mindful and Intuitive Eating Counseling
- CAA graduate research fellowship for the year 2015-2016, Texas State University
- Outstanding Senior Award, Convocation Ceremony, Iowa State University, 2008
- Outstanding Leadership and Community Service Scholarship Award, International Student Council, Iowa State University, 2008
- College of Dietitians of Ontario, Member
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics, Diabetes and Weight Management Nutrition, Member